Wednesday, April 8, 2009

8 miles of gardens, 6 hours, 5 people, 1 palace...Versailles.

For our second day in Paris, we took a day trip to Versailles Palace...and I now have a new definition to the term "over done." I'm sure you'll agree with me when you see the pictures.

And like my last post, these are technically in reverse order. So after our day trip to Versailles, we went to see the Moulin Rouge stage. The place was cool, but the part of town that its in is very sketchy. We didn't stay very long here.


The girls that went! Erin (Alex's friend from Rome), me, and Alex in front of the thousands of fountains at Versailles.

There was a big pool-river thing running through the middle of the gardens that you could rent row boats and such, and some ducks and swans were swimming around there. This swan was kind enough to pose for me.

I randomly took this to try to get a picture of the river, and the kid posing just happened to be a bonus.

Me, at another spot on the gardens.

A view from the Palace looking out towards the Gardens...like I said, this place was huge.

The hall of mirrors! I can only imagined what this cost to build back in the day...

This is the chapel that Louis XVI used in Versailles. Apparently, Louis would pray to God and everyone else would just watch the King praying to God...kind of a weird form of idol worship.

The gates to get into the Palace...mind you, it is all gold.


So yes! That pretty much sums up my weekend in Paris...a success on all accounts. And this weekend should be just as exciting- I'm heading to Rome! I will try to update you throughout the weekend, I'm pretty sure my hostel has internet capabilites. Keep checking for updates! :)

all my love--

No comments: