Monday, February 16, 2009

I can't think of a good title for this post

Hello friends! So, in the past 4 days I have traveled up to the basque country of Spain and welcomed my brother and dad to my new home! It's been quite an exciting weekend.

The Loyola Retreat was amazing...so, so great. I realized that I've been in the city of Madrid for the past 5 weeks and have seen very little of nature (minus the 3 days I was in Mallorca). It was so wonderful to be dropped off in the middle of the Pyrenees Mountains and not have a computer or cell phone with me. I have trouble finding words to describe the beauty of the basque country...I will post pictures as soon as I upload them on my computer. My words won't be able to do it justice. Think "Sound of Music" mountain ranges with Ritz Carlton living conditions...yeah. Awesome. I met a lot of new people and got to really know the campus ministry and student life staff here at SLU Madrid- they are hysterical people! I don't think I have laughed so hard since I've been here as I did during the weekend.

We got home a little later than expected on Sunday night, and the plan was for me to call my dad and brother at their hotel once I got in and we would somehow connect afterwards. I get back to SLU at around 10:30, and my phone rings. My roommate Dominique tells me that my dad and brother are at my apartment right then and Paloma (my host mom) was freaking out! It was a little chaotic- I told them to go back to their hotel and I would meet them there. After getting slightly turned around at my Metro stop, I finally managed to arrive at their hotel, we called my mom in Philidelphia and then they walked me home. I got up this morning to go to classes and then hung out with them again afterwards. According to my brother, they went to the Royal Palace and the National Cathedral today, and were very impressed. They even managed to figure out the metro system by themselves! :) Tonight, we went to El Corte Ingles to buy me a backpack for Spring Break and a Spanish-English dictionary. Then we walked back to my apartment and I showed them where I live (Paloma wasn't here so they still haven't met her). We found a place to eat and then I finally came home at about 9 and I've been working on school stuff ever since...its my midterms week, so I'm a little stressed. ugh. But tomorrow Greg is coming to my classes with me, and I think my dad will tour some more art museums. Wednesday they are going to Toledo, and we don't have plans for Thursday or Friday! But it seems like everyone is having a good time and we all are excited for the week ahead!

With that being said, I need to get to bed soon...tomorrow is Tuesday, meaning I have class from 9:30-6 plus my ESL class from 7-8:30. AND like I said its midterms week. Yuck.

goodnight :)

No comments: