Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not to worry, life is good.

So, it is possible that some of you might have heard about a bomb going off in Madrid on Monday. And yes, it is true, a bomb did go off in the Northeastern side of the city on Monday, which is not near where I live or where I go to school. The ETA, a terrorist group from Northern Spain was protesting Spain's installation of their version of a highway throughout where they (the ETA) live. This is the same terrorist group that bombed the metro in Madrid 4 years ago. Anyways, they called a Metro station 90 minutes before they set the bomb off and asked that the metro be cleared out; the bomb was situation near several metro stops. Apparently, their intent was not to kill anyone, just to protest the highway. It exploded and damaged several cars and part of the highway, but no one was hurt. People in Spain seem to be treating it very lightly, my señora didn't mention anything about it to us on Monday and its pretty much out of the news. But, just for all of your information, I am alive and was in no way, shape, or form affected by the bombing.

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day in Madrid- the kind of day that, if I enjoyed running, would want to make me go for a run. Clear skies, 60 degree temperatures, lots of sun...perfect :) I just have my 4 classes tomorrow, and then on Friday I am going on a retreat with school to the Basque Country (país basco) of Spain, to the birthplace of Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits. I'm really excited for this, and I hope that it will be a great way for me to get away from the city and see a different part of Spain! I'm excited. The past few days have also brought a lot of travel plans my way...I booked tickets to go to Rome over Easter; Spring break plans that include Prauge, Athens, and London, and I think I FINALLY figured out a way to get my butt to Paris.

So yeah...not to worry, life is good :)

No comments: