Thursday, February 5, 2009

This has nothing to do with Spain.

So, for those of you who follow my blog but don´t have a facebook (aka my mom) I wrote this yesterday and was so amused by it I thought I would share it here as well. Like I said, this really has nothing to do with my time here in Europe. Here are 25 random facts about my life:

1. I have an extra tooth growing in the bottom of my mouth that has been there for as long as I can remember. The dentist doesn't want to take it out because its stabilizing about 3 of my other teeth in my bottom jaw. And ironically enough, my brother is missing one tooth and has been since the day he was born. Go figure how that worked out.

2. I really do have an almost unhealthy obsession with the TV show Jon and Kate plus 8...in a strange way, it almost makes me want to have sextuplets. I brought season 3 with me here to Spain and have watched the entire season almost twice.

3. I watched this lecture on YouTube, and it might be the (if not definitely one of) best speeches I've ever heard in my entire life. You all need to watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

4. My mom says I have preservative taste buds. This basically means that I really only like processed foods, which is not entirely true but pretty darn close.

5. I absolutely HATE bats (the animals). This stems from an experience I had in 7th grade, when I woke up at 2am in my room with one sitting on my head. I still don't know how it got in there, considering that both my windows and doors were shut. I ran out of my room and made my dad deal with it. I didn't sleep in my room for the next 3 nights.

6. There have been very few days where I haven't thought about Young Life in some capacity since I went to Rockbridge in July 2006.

7. When I am married and have kids, my first daughter WILL be named Abigail, called Abbie. My husband really has no say in this.

8. Before I have kids with a real life and a real job, I'll own a bull dog and name her Bella.

9. In the past 2 years at school I've lived with 4 different people: Taylor, Bridget, Leah, and Dominique.

10. My ultimate life goal is to have a significant impact on one person's life.

11. I only like reading if what I'm reading keeps my interest. Translation: the last book that I really read and enjoyed was Redeeming Love last Christmas and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows the summer before that.

12. A nice, handwritten, thoughtful note from someone is one of the best presents anyone could ever give me.

13. I LOVE flowers...they make me giddy. Just ask Nick, Mary, and Colleen :)

14. I loved almost every second of high school and feel bad for people who had terrible experiences.

15. The past 3 times people have put needles into me (ie shots or bloodwork) I've either passed out or almost passed out. Once was because I didn't eat before I was giving blood (that was my fault) but then when I went to give my college shots I legit passed out and didn't know where I was when I woke up.

16. If I won a million dollars, I would open my own rehab clinic for teens.

17. Sunsets are quite possibly the most beautiful things on Earth.

18. When I was little I was obsessed with the movie Free Willy and wanted to be a whale trainer because of it.

19. I've been to over half of the 50 US states, and eventually I want to travel to all of them.

20. When I was 5 my family dragged me onto Captain Hook's pirate ship at Kings Island, and I've been scared of roller coasters ever since.

21. I wish I was better at art. I'm jealous of people who can draw/design things freely.

22. Reading blogs is one of my new obsessions. If you keep one, I will follow it.

23. I support all things created by Macintosh and Google.

24. After living in Spain for almost a month, I wished I lived in a city with better modes of public transportation.

25. This past weekend when I was in Mallorca, I asked my friends what they know for sure, in a bigger sense. So this is what I know for sure: that there is a God of the universe who created everyone out of love and compassion; that there are no bad people, only good people put in bad situations; that everyone in the world is capable of changing, and it is possible for one person to change his or her life.

No comments: