Thursday, February 12, 2009

The things we do for cheap travel.

Today I booked all of my tickets for Spring break!! I'm going with a group of about 6 or 7 (honestly I forget and lost count) and going to London, Prague, and Athens. Now, a normal person would read that and probably think, "oh, OK, so they'll fly from Madrid to London, then to Prague, then to Athens, and then back to Madrid."

Well, my friend, you underestimate the power of one way tickets with easyjet.com

This is what my Spring break schedule looks like:
Thursday, March 5th: Madrid to London
Friday, March 6th: London to Athens
Tuesday, March 10th: Athens to London
Wednesday, March 11th: London to Prague
Friday, March 13th: Prague to London
Tuesday, March 17th: London to Madrid

So we have 3 days scheduled to tour London at the end of break, but total I think we'll be spending about 5 days there with all of our transfers from one city to another. And the best part of all of this: in total, all of those trips cost under $300 USD. Word, easyjet.

Tomorrow I leave for the Basque country of Spain for a retreat with school. I'm looking forward to seeing a different part of Spain and also to see my dad and brother once I get back to Madrid! YAY!!!!!! :D

1 comment:

brycestuck said...

Liza,

If you only have three days in London, I would recommend the following...
1) Go to lots of parks
2) Buckingham Palace was a waste of time
3) The Tower of London is Uber-Legit
4) Westminster Abbey is also worth it
5) Eat at London Pub on the northside near Kings Cross Station. Google it.. I lived there for a week, they have good burgers and a cool atmosphere

Also, they call their cookies "Biscuits" and they're delicious..

I think that's it, have a blast in the other places, I didn't get to go there!

-Bryce