Saturday, January 17, 2009

Picture time!

OK! So it is about time that you all see some pictures of where I'm living and the city that I'm beginning to call home! :)

This is the castle that we visited when we went to Aranjuez on our first day trip. The vast majority of Spain's royalty have lived here at some point.


This is the official symbol of Spain, a bear drinking from a tree. There is some kind of joke that goes along with it, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.
The Royal Palace in Madrid. This was one of three pictures I took to try to picture the entire building. This place is huge.This is the National Cathedral. It is right behind the Royal Palace. It is still open for mass every week, but only royalty can get married here. Also, you can't wear hats, shorts, or sleeveless shirts inside. Seeing that the day we went there was cloudy and about 30 degrees, we didn't have any problem with that :)La Plaza Mayor! Basically a big plaza in the middle of Madrid, with a lot of cute (but very expensive) boutiques and cafes. New Years is celebrated here every year- its similar to New York's Time Square.
Honestly, I don't really remember what this building is. I think it is a post office, and I think I took this picture because I had never seen such architecture for a building that sends and receives letters.

No comments: