Wednesday, January 14, 2009

tourist days!

So, the past two days have included all of the new visiting students here touring various parts of Madrid. On Monday, my group visited a town called Aranjuez, about an hour outside of Madrid. Yesterday, our group got to go to Sol, which is the heart of Madrid and where basically everything in the city resides: national cathedral, royal palace, etc. It was GORGEOUS. I'm trying to figure out how to upload pictures on this account so you all can see everything, because I really can't describe it. Unfortunately the weather was kind of gross (it snowed again yesterday, for the second time in 10 years, with the first being last Friday) so I hope to go back again and get better pictures. But seriously, definitely one of the top 10 prettiest cities I've ever been in. Maybe top 5.

Today classes start, which for me means Spanish 310 and Introduction to Oceanography. Spanish starts at noon and Oceanography starts at 5pm, so that means I'll have to find something to do with myself for those 5 hours! I'm sure I'll think of something :) I'll let you know how everything goes!!

No comments: