Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sevilla pictures and life goals to be accomplished in the near future

So, after almost a 2 week delay, here are the long awaited (and I'm sure much anticipated) :) pictures from my trip to Sevilla 2 weekends ago...

So these pictures are in reverse order of how we saw everything...ie the bull ring was the last we did before we left for the bus station. But this is a picture of the chapel in the bull ring we toured. All matadors are required to pray before they begin their fight.

Me, in front of the ring. It was quite large.
This is where Spanish royalty sit when they come to Sevilla and watch a bull fight.
We also toured the Cathedral in Sevilla. This picture didn't turn out very well, but this tomb supposedly holds the remains of Christopher Columbus.
Outside of the Cathedral in Sevilla.
Just a typical park in Sevilla.
This is called the Torre de Oro, or Tower of Gold. I have no idea what it is or why it's important to Sevilla because we didn't get to tour it...we ran out of time.
These lilacs grow EVERYWHERE in Sevilla. They are pretty and make the town smell beautiful!
Typical street in Southern Spain...palm trees, lots of vegetation, beautiful.

So that was Sevilla in a nutshell, a beautiful place to visit for a weekend. As I mentioned in my last post, I stayed in Madrid this past weekend, and for this upcoming weekend I will be traveling to...drum roll please...PARIS! I am beyonnnddddd excited for this...my life goal of taking my picture in front of the Eiffel Tower will soon be complete! And I am even more excited because I am going with one of my friends who is studying abroad in Rome right now. I am so excited to see her! So I will think of you all this weekend, while I sit on the Champs-Elyssé, eating a crossaint, soaking up the (hopefully) warm sun... :)

all my love--

No comments: