Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break '09: A week in pictures...continued

I'm back! Here are the remainder of the pictures from my time in London during my Spring break :)
My view from the London Eye!!!! Like I said, this is a MUST SEE for anyone visiting London. You see a totally different side of the city. It is so beautiful.

The infamous Eye! A huge farris wheel that takes about 3o minutes to ride. So, so fun :)

Another tourist attraction that is necessary in a trip to London, especially for Harry Potter fans. Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station.

As I said in my last post, those of you who have known me for more than a few years know that I visited London 6 years ago with People to People. Some of you may not know that I was thoroughly disappointed when I couldn't ride on a double decker bus, and I was determined to fix that when I visited this time. So, here is a what riding on the top deck of a double decker bus looks like. Life goal accomplished :)

Sunday brought us to St. Paul's Cathedral. Because it was Sunday, tours weren't available because services were going on, but it was a beautiful day to walk around.

Right across from St. Paul's is the Millennium Bridge which is right next to the Globe. We didn't tour it, but I still got my picture. This isn't the original theater that Shakespeare used back in the 17th century...that burned down. But this is an exact replica.
Me on the Millenium Bridge, you can barely see the tower bridge in the background.

The exact opposite picture from the one above: standing on the tower bridge looking towards the Millenium bridge! You can also see the actual Tower of London on the right hand side of the picture.


Me with the towers :)


So all in all, it was a very successful Spring Break. I was exhausted when I finally returned to Madrid but I'm feeling a lot better now. This weekend I'll be heading down to the South of Spain in Granada and Sevilla for a nice relaxing weekend with friends, and then the following weekend will be my last weekend in Madrid until at least May! I'm VERY excited about my travel plans for the rest of my time here...I'll be sure to keep you all updated :)

all my love--

No comments: